The mouthwatering combination of refreshing watermelon, tangy feta cheese, and crisp basil makes this summer salad really special.
Ready in minutes and stunning to bring to the table, it's the ultimate blend of savoury and sweet and is perfect for those hot summer evenings.
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 x small watermelon
- 25g rocket
- 150g Greek feta
- ½ cucumber, cut in half lengthways and deseeded
- 1 x red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Some basil leaves, for garnish
- Cracked black pepper
- Start by preparing the watermelon, cutting off the skin and then slicing the flesh into triangles. Arrange this on a beautiful platter of your choice, with the rocket.
- Cut the de-seeded cucumber into half-moon slices and arrange these on the platter too.
- Finally, top with some crumbled feta, fresh red chilli, and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with cracked black pepper and add some basil leaves, and toss everything together just before serving.
Serve this gorgeous salad with extra feta cheese on the side should any of your guests want a little more as a topping, and enjoy!
P.S. For more delicious salads just like this one, check out our full Alfresco Table Story.