December 12, 2016
Honey Glazed Miso Aubergine
2 medium aubergine / eggplant
3 tbsp sweet miso paste
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp tamari
2 tsp hot water
2 tsp mirin
Tiny pinch of Salt, pepper and Garlic salt
- Pre heat the oven at 170c
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Halve the aubergine’s length ways and diagonally score them in a diamond shape pattern without piercing through the skin.
- Sprinkle with rock salt and allow them to sit for 15 mins.
- In a griddle pan pour a good glug of sesame seed oil and place the aubergines in the pan with the lid on (my griddle pan doesn’t have a lid so I used the best fitting one I had) and let it cook on a medium heat for about 5 mins then turn them over and do the same. If you think they are burning then turn down the heat or turn them over earlier than 5 mins.
- Then place them in a baking tray and with the inside up
- Spoon mixture on to it – sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Place in the oven
- Bake for 30 mins at 170c