RECIPES BY THE SOCIAL KITCHEN VOL:1
You don't have to be the perfect chef to create these mouthwatering strawberry cheesecakes.
This simple, no-bake method means they are ready to enjoy in minutes, and serving them in glass jars makes them look so beautiful!
MAKES: 4 JARS PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 250ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla pudding mix
- 1 punnet of strawberries (the freshest, prettiest ones you can find)
- Place the digestive biscuits into a mixing bowl and crush them into a fine crumb using a wooden spoon, finishing with your hands if you need to. Leave a little of the biscuits to one side for topping at the end.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan on a low heat. Once completely melted, add the biscuit crumbs and mix well.
- Spoon this crumb mixture into the bottoms of your jars to about 2-3 cm high. Push the mixture down with the back of a spoon, ensuring it's packed in securely.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, double cream and vanilla pudding. Ensure these are mixed well.
- Slice the strawberries and stand them around the insides of the jar on top of your biscuit base, so you can see them from the outside. Leave a few to one side for the topping.
- Take a piping bag and pour in your cheese mixture (if you don’t have one you can use a ziplock bag instead by snipping off the corner to create a little hole to push the cheese mixture through.) Pipe the mixture on top of the layer of biscuit base in the jars and between the strawberry slices.
- Fill each jar almost to the top and finish with a few slices of strawberries and a sprinkle of crushed digestive biscuits.
And there you have it - a no-fuss, delicious dessert that will go down a treat.