There are certain things that just epitomise the perfect English Summer...
...flourishing rose gardens
...and a pitcher of freshly made, ice cold Pimms!
What I love about this drink is not only how refreshing it is, but how it uses the season's readily available fruits so beautifully. My spin on this classic recipe uses ginger ale but if you prefer you can still use lemonade of course!
Makes 1-2 pitchers:
- 1 bottle of Pimms
- 1-2 bottles of Ginger Ale (or lemonade if you prefer)
- Fresh mint
- 1 x cucumber
- 1 x orange
- 1 x Small punnet of strawberries
- Start by filling a large serving jug about half way with ice. We used our stunning Pink Glass Jug.
- Next prepare your mint, cucumber and strawberries by washing them thoroughly and allowing them to dry.
- Slice your orange, (not too thinly so the slices don't fall apart), slice the strawberries into halves, and tear up the mint.
- Using a peeler or cheese plane, cut 6/7 long strips from the length of the cucumber.
- Place all of the fruits and veggies into your jug, leaving a few strawberries, mint leaves, and maybe a couple of orange slices for later.
- Working with a split of 1 part Pimms to 3 parts ginger ale, pour these into the jug over the ice and other ingredients.
- Add a couple of loose strawberries and mint leaves to the top of the jug for garnish.
- Serve in short glasses with ice, we opted for our beautiful Pink Glass Tumblers, adding some extra garnish (chunks of orange, strawberry, mint sprigs or smaller cucumber slices) to each glass if you'd like to.
And there you have it - the perfect glass of ice cold Pimms means Summer is now complete!
Best served on the hottest days of the year and with the people you love the most, I know you'll enjoy this one.
Check out the full selection of products we used for this beautiful drink below: