Apples are one of my favourite things to add to salads. Their sweet, aromatic flavour pairs perfectly with a tangy cheese like feta, and depending on the variety, they also give that lovely fresh crunch.
This salad is ideal for your autumn table but it's simplicity means it's also the perfect dish to share with friends at any time of the year.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 100g rocket/salad leaves
- 2 large apples
- ¼ of a Cucumber, finely sliced
- 4 baby beetroots, roughly chopped (optional)
- Handful of Feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of pecans, toasted & crumbled
- Start by slicing the apples. Slice off two 'cheeks' so all that's left is the core, and then finely slice each piece, keeping it as a whole side that you can later splay apart
- Lay the salad leaves onto a large platter and top with the apple cheeks, fanning them out so you can see that lovely pattern. Next add the cucumber and beetroot.
- Scatter with the toasted pecans, crumbled feta and drizzle with a simple lemony dressing (a mix of olive oil and lemon is perfect but mix up whatever you fancy).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve on your favourite platter (we used our gorgeous Green Oval Platter - see below).
Enjoy this as a side dish for a big group dinner, or as a delicious, healthy lunch option.